Brandywine Construction Co., Inc. (BCCI) is a general contractor focused on underground utility installations and maintenance, civil site development, paving & restoration, and mechanical piping construction. Our company has earned a reputation of consistent dependability and value while providing quality work. Our commitment to safety and excellence, and our dedication to the customers we service is demonstrated through the knowledge and experience of our tradesmen, supervision, and ownership. Our core focus is construction and maintenance services for the gas, water, and sewer distribution markets throughout and beyond New Castle County, Delaware. We cherish the reputation we have built and appreciate the repeat business opportunities our customers have afforded us. Led by a management team with over 60 years of experience, BCCI is well positioned for future growth and continued success and is looking for a qualified candidate to help us maintain the highest levels of quality and service.
Utility Construction Project Manager
The primary responsibilities for the Construction Project Manager are to assist in the estimating/bidding process, organize new projects for construction, manage project cost, update schedules, and ensure performance in accordance with company policy, standards, and goals. The Construction Project Manager will be involved in management of all phases of small to mid‐sized construction projects while collaborating with our Customers, Superintendents, Foreman, Project Assistants, and Leadership. This position is responsible for driving the overall performance of the contract and ensuring all requirements are met.
- The successful candidate should possess a working knowledge of general site construction and a strong background in utility infrastructure installation and maintenance.
- Possess solid communication skills, both written and oral.
- Computer and software skills for managing spreadsheets, email, project schedules, time sheets and material inventory and usage.
- Ability to work with others on planning strategy, project approach and problem solving.
- Strong background evaluating construction documents and specifications for underground utility infrastructure and general construction work.
- Review project proposals and design drawings & specifications; attend pre‐bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of the required project estimates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate should possess a working knowledge of general site construction and detailed knowledge of specific work activities associated with underground utility infrastructure installation and maintenance.
- Assist with the preparation of the project plan, sequencing, and scheduling with collaboration of field personnel.
- Oversight of the BCCI Safety Program including the coordination of project activities to ensure compliance with all guidelines and agencies. Assist with training programs and employee/subcontractor compliance to BCCI Safety Program.
- Assist with training programs and employee/subcontractor compliance to BCCI Safety Program.
- Assist with preparing initial budget for upload in coordination with operations and accounting department.
- Coordinate contract set‐up and maintenance in construction management system
- Prepare and manage all project documents including progress reports, project schedule updates, and financial/budget updates. Prepare and manage documentation required by customers, including safety reports, work progress reports and schedules.
- Review material and equipment needs on all projects, evaluate pricing and order components as needed.
- Review and coordinate project inventory and oversee delivery/warehousing process.
- Ensure field crews have all appropriate paperwork for project, plans, submittal books, directions, safety checklists, etc.
- Review times sheets for accuracy including productivity reporting.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- OSHA 30‐hour certification.
- DELDOT Intermediate Level Course is preferred.
- Proficiency with computers and project management software, email, and MS Office applications.