Brandywine Construction Co., Inc. (BCCI) is a general contractor focused on underground utility installations and maintenance, civil site development, paving & restoration, and mechanical piping construction. Our company has earned a reputation of consistent dependability and value while providing quality work. Our commitment to safety and excellence, and our dedication to the customers we service is demonstrated through the knowledge and experience of our tradesmen, supervision, and ownership. Our core focus is construction and maintenance services for the gas, water, and sewer distribution markets throughout and beyond New Castle County, Delaware. We cherish the reputation we have built and appreciate the repeat business opportunities our customers have afforded us. Led by a management team with over 60 years of experience, BCCI is well positioned for future growth and continued success and is looking for a qualified candidate to help us maintain the highest levels of quality and service.
Utility Construction Superintendent
- The successful candidate should possess a working knowledge of general site construction and detailed knowledge of specific work activities associated with utility installation and maintenance.
- Ability to plan ahead and schedule labor, material and equipment for multiple projects.
- Possess solid communication skills and have the ability to work daily with others to plan ahead.
- Ability to work with others on planning strategy, project approach and problem solving.
- Basic computer and software skills for schedules, time sheets and material usage.
- General understanding of invoicing and unit price driven contracts.
- Strong background evaluating construction documents and specifications for typical work.
- Strong safety background with an understanding of the importance to implement and follow protocols.
- Handle unforeseen challenges professionally, while keeping safety, customer and budget at the forefront.
- Possess a high level of time management and self‐motivation skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily oversight and management of 1 or more construction sites.
- Coordination, supervision, and quality control of all field activity.
- Enforce site safety protocols and ensure clean and organized sites.
- Facilitate all permitting and utility locate services coordination.
- Assemble and review daily reports (Time Sheets, Job Briefs, Safety Talks etc.)
- Working together with our Foreman, provide two‐week look ahead schedules for each project.
- Work with Foreman to prepare daily work schedules for field personnel.
- Assist Foreman with mobilization and staging activities for each project.
- Assist Foreman with planning, staging and layout of all work for each project.
- Coordinate heavy equipment needs, transportation and staging.
- Coordinate with Project Managers on daily/weekly basis to set labor, material and equipment needs.
- Communicate issues, events, and incidents in the field directly to Management in a timely manner and in accordance with established company policies & procedures.
- Prepare safety incident documentation and assist in incident investigations.
- Minimum 7‐10 years’ experience in utility construction
- Minimum 3‐5 years’ experience as Construction Superintendent or similar position
- Proficiency with iPads, email, and MS Office applications
- DELDOT Intermediate course level is preferred.
- Directional Drilling knowledge a plus.
- OSHA 30 hour certification, Confined Space training and CPR certification required